Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wicked Thursday, Freaky Friday

*image taken from Google search
I don't know when it all started. 

Okay, I think I do know.

It started on the first day of December 2011, it was a Thursday, before my own birthday. With no particular reason, I had a difficult time going to sleep. I rolled, lay on my tummy, on my back, on my side. I sat. I closed my eyes and forced myself to relax. Hubby offered to massage my legs thinking it might just be one of those restless leg syndrome nights. He caressed my hair, massaged my scalp, and played with my earlobes. 

Nothing helped.

I was wide awake until who-knows-what-the-effing-time it was!

My head hurts real bad the next day--my birthday! Sleep deprivation turned me into an already grumpy woman to a grumpy, aggressive and foul-mouthed birthday girl. Believe me, when this a-#ole refused to give my payment to the jeepney driver, I offered a fair fist fight on the next jeep stop (well, of course, it didn't happen because the a-#ole was a chicken!).

The second time it happened was the night I got my haircut (January 2012). Again, I didn't know what caused me to feel restless. I did not remember eating anything. I did not have my usual dinner time coffee. I did not sleep that afternoon. In fact, I know that I was a bit tired past 6pm because I did my last minute cleaning of the bathroom and kitchen. I know that those activities should have caused me to be really tired come bed time. But I didn't. Again, I rolled, lay on my tummy, on my back, on my side. I sat. I closed my eyes and forced myself to relax. Hubby offered to massage my legs thinking it might just be one of those restless leg syndrome nights. He caressed my hair, massaged my scalp, and played with my earlobes.

Nothing helped.

Then just recently, last Thursday, the inevitable came. I don't know how and why it always fall on a Thursday. I don't know if it has something to do with me on a 2nd day off transitioning to my day of work--I don't know. The following day, I never showed any exhaustion. I did not even go to the zen area at the office to take a nap. I only had one cup of coffee. No palpitations. Nothing. Was I excited to come to work the following day? No. Was there something I was anxious about coming to work? No. Was it because I do not want to come to work? No. I know those were not the factors. 

I am now scared to face Thursdays. It is giving me goosebumps. I don't believe in superstitions, but hey--I've only had this problem when we moved here in the ancestral house. I never had trouble sleeping before. I am now considering going to the doctor and see if I'm already acquiring some insomnia whatever you call it. Is this some mental illness I badly need to be checked? I don't know. Is this due to stress? What am I stress about? Why am I clueless? 

Sheeeesh!

I'll just sleep it off. I hope it won't turn into a Restless Saturday because it'll definitely kill me :(

0 comments: