Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let Me Explain!

I know I haven't blog in a while.

Fine. I haven't blog for so long... That's because I am too busy juggling my life as a mother, a small time business woman, a wife, a regular employee and a much more health conscious person (I am not forcing anyone to believe on the last part :P).

Well, anyway, for the last two months Tri had shown incredible milestones. His language skills specifically improved a lot. Many people commented before that he will have difficulty talking because they can only hear him mumbling things or saying "uhms" and "blah blah".

They got it wrong.

Tri speaks better English than a 5 year old kid does. He even sound better than an average Filipino is when speaking our second language. Forming a complete sentence is still a bit hard for him but he's getting there.

One night, hubby told me that Tri hit another kid. So I confronted him:





Me: Baby, Daddy told me you punched Jeeven (hubby's 2 year old cousin)? Is that true? Why did you do that?

Tri: Noooooo!!! My-my (mommy), Byby (Jeeven) pushed.

(he then touched his chest)

Pushed...

Ouch here!

Me: Is that so?

Tri: uhm. Byby kakam plants and fuwawers (Jeeven wanted me to eat leaves and flowers).

Hubby confirmed the story and I realized Tri was indeed telling the real story. Of course, that is not an excuse for his bad behavior. But I still am happy he learns how to relay information on his own.

Don't get me wrong. I do not support his bad acts.

I'll let him learn his lesson for hurting a kid. Always remember moms that language can be learned eventually, but good attitude starts from us parents.

2 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hey Anne!

Thanks for your comment support on my latest post announcing that we're expecting! :)

Jelly Bean said...

ei welcome back. nice pics of tri you got there!