Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tri's Birthday Celebration at Maxx's

When: May 24, 2010
Location: Maxx's Restaurant, SM North EDSA

So I have to make up to my two boys for watching a movie and going out with my girl friends on the same exact date as my son's second birthday. Lunch with my two boys was a perfect plan. It should have been like that. It should have been just me, hubby and baby. But since, this is me being nice to hubby, our family lunch ended with some extras. 

Well, well...everybody knows I am not really that good in socializing, or keeping things casual with other people. Other people--I can tolerate. But having to include SILs is not my kind of celebration. 

Fine, call me anti-social, but I just really hate family reunions. Specially if the guys from the "other side of the wall" are concerned. Everybody knows they are my least priority, perhaps even being excluded from my list. But I have to be nice and casual as hubby said. Just be nice and get this thing over with. 

Remembering not to spoil the real reason for having this lunch, I focused myself on the food :D

Maxx's famous fried chicken legs and sauté d veggie

  hubby's all time fave lumpia

and 

pancit canton

The food was great (minus the annoying guests and comments over the table). All in all, I think Tri enjoyed having that lunch. If my son likes it, I like it too.

Tri in his mall car

 SILs and hubby finished it off with some "kodak moments" while I made my escape by taking my boy for a stroll away from that place. I hate to ruin the celebration, but having the extras kills me--on the spot!

4 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

The lumpia looks good! Happy belated birthday to Tri! :D

thirdy_smom said...

hey big sis jenny!

I'm starting to go back to my blogging mood :) the lumpia really taste good, tri loves it.

Thanks for the greetings! I hope you are enjoying the rainy season :)

I'm a full-time mummy said...

I love the rain! It's been pretty hot lately so any sort of rain is always welcomed!

Maybe I should look up the recipe for lumpia :D

thirdy_smom said...

oh, I'll post a lumpia recipe, if given the chance hehehe :)