Thursday, February 4, 2010

Today's Menu...

Sweet and Sour Chicken :) 

Lately, I've been too inspired to cook. Well, it's been a hobby ever since I was a kid but due to my busy schedule, I rarely got time to do so.

I managed to revive a family recipe last Tuesday. And here it goes:

The ingredients:

1/2 kg chicken
1 small can of pineapple chunks with syrup
90 g tomato sauce
2 carrots, diced
baguio beans
2 red bell peppers, sliced
4 cloves of garlic
1 medium sized onion

Meat:

1.) Wash the chicken thoroughly.
2.) Marinate the chicken using the pineapple syrup for 30 minutes to an hour.

Starting the dish:

1.) Heat the pan and the oil. Saute garlic and onion then add the carrots.
2.) Once the carrots are half cooked, add the chicken. Put the lid and let it cook for 10-15 minutes or until you no longer see red stains (blood) on the chicken meat (specially on the leg part).
3.) Add the bell pepper, beans and pineapple chunks before pouring the tomato sauce.
4.) Lastly salt and pepper to taste (optional).

Some of the shots I managed to get while my phone is in "near-death" (hehe!)

chicken, carrots and beans

chicken, carrots, beans, tomato sauce and pineapple. 
(see, my cam phone caught the steam!)

and this is how it should be served...like a pro :)

Try it for you and your kid (if you have one!). The sweetness of the pineapple and the sour citrus-y taste of the tomato sauce is all but heaven. Serve it with hot plain rice and eat it with your hands! Feels like home, once again...

1 comments:

Jelly Bean said...

Wow! Simple ingredients but it looks good.