Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Let Us All Welcome 2010!

2009 have been--let's say, fair enough for me. Had a few mishaps but still plenty of blessings to be glad about. Had a little misunderstandings, but a lot of tender moments together. A lot of my moodiness, a lot of Tri's bubbly laughter. The yin and yang still present.

I would like to thank 2009 for the following:


#1. For the valuable shopping time we had (for the first time with our baby, Tri).

#2. For the 3-day vacation I had with my two sisters and my beloved little brother.

#3. For letting us travel all the way to Morong (my hometown) safely so I can be present on my sister's graduation day!

#4. For helping me and hubby on those tough days when nobody seemed to care for us.

#5. For letting us celebrate Tri's first birthday. Although it happened opposed to what I've planned, almost out of budget, last minute CHANGESSSSSSS (a lot was change!), without the presence of my family--I am still thankful that I was able to give my son a party.

#6. For my hubby's birthday party (small one) that his cousins prepared for him ( I didn't like the idea of it, really--with the beers and all that?!). Anyway, it is the way birthdays are celebrated in the Philippines.

#7. For introducing me to the world of blogging! :D


#8. For getting hubby back into shape. No more smoking. No more drinking. More workout.

#9. For letting us survive the deadly Ondoy and Pepeng. Though a lot lost their loved ones, lost their homes, lost their jobs...life has to move on.


#10. For the three pearly whites on Tri's gum! :)

#11. For helping me decide to switch from depo shot to the oral pill and making me feel how a normal body works (AGAIN!).

#12. For celebrating my 23rd birthday even without my Dad (in four years), but with all of my friends, my beloved son and my husband.

Thank you for the wonderful experiences 2009. I'll be facing 2010 stronger, more confident, more loving and a much more responsible person.

Welcome, 2010! We will have 525 600 minutes to face.

Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes,
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Moments so dear


Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?


In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife


In five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure a year in the life?


How about love? How about love?
How about love? Measure in love


Seasons of love
Seasons of love


Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Journeys to plan


Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure the life
Of a woman or a man?


In truths that she learned
Or in times that he cried
In bridges he burned
Or the way that she died


It's time now to sing out
Tho' the story never ends
Let's celebrate
Remember a year in the life of friends


Remember the love
(Oh you got to, got to)
Remember the love
(Remember the love)
Seasons of love
(Measure measure you life in love)
Seasons of love
Seasons of love


Seasons of Love from RENT

0 comments: