Sunday, December 27, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: The Proposal


We had a lot of free time a while ago during my last shift. We decided to watch Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynold's "The Proposal" thru the websense-immune movie streaming site we discovered (ha!). I was not able to watch this movie on theater (I mean, when was the last time I actually see a movie in big screen?hmmm...Beowulf?? And I remembered feeling sleepy...)

Okay, back to "The Proposal". For those who have not seen it, it's a romantic comedy film about an executive editor in chief, Margaret Tate (Bullock) and her assistant Andrew Paxton (Reynolds) who both settled on a deal to get married after Tate was informed that she'll be deported to Canada. Paxton agreed under the condition that he will be promoted as an editor and that Tate will publish his manuscript. (for full synopsis, click here.)

My rating for Sandra Bullock, in a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest), I'll give her an 8. I can see me thru her! LOL. I was convinced that she is (Tate) too bossy that every employee hates her. And I love it that she always have the last word and that she'll do the talking--or else you're outta here.

And for the hunky Ryan Reynolds that Hephaestion drools about--it's a 7. I don't see enough emotion to establish the fact that he started liking his "evil" boss. But the charisma and all that--well, we can perfectly see!

For the movie itself, it's a  fair 7. Again, whether it is the movie or Reynolds' acting strategy that does not give the surprising spark for Paxton to suddenly fall in love with Tate, it's all covered by the chemistry and Bullock's internalization of the character.

Sorry for the technical terms :) Over all, I enjoyed it!

0 comments: