Saturday, October 31, 2009

Top Reasons Why Moms-To-Be Should Be a Fulltime Mom

I am a full time working mom. I chose to work and let my hubby stay at home as a "house-band" due to some personal reasons. I enjoy working and mothering as much as a full-time mother feels being with her baby all day.

It is fun.

And depressing at the same time.


Sometimes, I regret being in the office instead of me at home looking after my little boy. After joining different forums, reading articles and following blogs about mothering, I realized nothing can ever compare the joy of watching your own child grow day by day--not even the joy of bringing home the amount of money twice an average employee is getting can suffice a parent's time with her kid.Mothering, as described by Mildred B. Vermont, is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love ( I saw this quotation from one of my favorite blogs: http://imafulltimemummy.blogspot.com/ and fell in love with it!)


I dedicate this post to all Moms-to-be, full time moms and full time working moms.



Here are the reasons why you should opt to be a FULL TIME MOM:


You can watch your baby sleep.



Witness your child's first smile.

You can give him bath.

Quality hugging time.

Catch candid moments.

Take a picture of the very first tooth to ever appear on his gum


And you will not be worried that:

  • your baby is not eating the right food.
  • and even if he is not eating that much of solid food, as long as you're breastfeeding him exclusively, rest assured baby will be ok.
  • baby missed scheduled vaccinations or check-up with the pedia.
  • he's not getting enough sleep.
  • not having fun.
  • he'll cling/depend on to other person
  • he may not recognize you as his mom--which is our worst nightmare.

I've been going through all of this. It is depressing, yes. But I've been trying to make the best out of my free time playing with my Tri and teaching him stuffs. I know, someday, I'll be strong enough to consider resignation. Someday, I'll be Tri's full time mom.
















1 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy... said...

I wish you all the best in your motherhood. Pray to God for His direction and will. :)